Preaching of pastor Sunday Adelaja, 21 June, 2011
It is possible to name the evening message of the fast’s fourth day 100% practical, as theoretical postulates were proven by concrete actions at the same ministry.
“My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power” (1Co.2:4)
It appears that words are not enough for persuasion; they will be really effective and heartfelt if they are fed by the Holy Spirit and power from above.
Often believers think that only anointed pastors, apostles, and great men of God have the power to heal and do miracles, and that ordinary believers are not able to do it.
“In the four Gospels Jesus demonstrated that by believing in the power of Almighty God which a person receives after repentance, it is possible to perform miracles, heal the sick and cast out demons.
After the death of Jesus in the book of Acts we see that believers of the first church went and did everything that Jesus did, and even more.
We can make the following conclusion that the power of God is dwelling inside every one of us. The only question is how do we understand predestination of everything we have, and how do we use the resources given to us by God”, – pastor emphasized.
According to pastor’s words, true Gospel is always accompanied by miracles and signs; nothing has changed from the times of Jesus – God and His power are still effective even now.
The means of the Kingdom of God through miracles, signs, healings, and deliverance:
1. Our own faith.
“When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick” (Mt.14:14).
In praying for someone with our own faith, it is highly important to realize that we are fulfilling God’s will (we are merely His vessels and intercessors for transmission of a miracle from Heaven to the needy one). It is significant to back our actions by the Word of God (revelation), and be able to see the end result (healing, deliverance etc.).
Not only prayer is important here, but the input of the power of faith into a prayer.
2. Faith of the needy person (like it was in the case of the healing of the woman suffering with bleeding).
3. Casting out demons.
4. Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Pastor shared some advice on how to receive the gift of the word of knowledge:
- Attune yourself for transferring into God’s presence (imagining Jesus next to you) and pass from the earthly dimension into spiritual one;
- Tune yourself for contact with a person or audience the same way you tuned for the contact with God;
- Understand that the word of knowledge comes through innermost conviction, visions, and feeling pain on your own body;
- Thus God shows what kinds of problem are present in a hall.
5. Eradication of the problems connected with spine; leveling of hands and feet if upper and lower extremities are different in size.
6. Anointing (anointing oil).
7. Miracle working.
8. The laying on of hands.
All present in the hall had the opportunity to apply their faith in practice, prayer, and power for healing and miracle working. The results did not take long to appear!
God is the living God!
The press-center of the Embassy of God church
Translated by Valeria Granova
Edited by Kizito Leacock