“God raised our son from dead. When we were on vacation he got a fever that went up to 40 degrees Celsius, he began convulsing. After 5 minutes of trying to stop them, our son stopped breathing. Emergency was late and we thought this was the end for our son. After we calmed down, we began to make calls to our leaders and members of our home group and all of them began to pray. Suddenly a miracle happened- our son began to breathe again! “- This is one of God miracles, which was told by Aleksandr and Elena Stozhko this Sunday.
Also we heard the story of 22-year-old girl, Darya Kuhtik. She decided to become a diligent student at her university and due to this diligent work ethic she defended master’s paper work degree and received “excellent.” Daria became the best student of her year and was recommended for admission to post graduate course. Today she received an invitation to become an assistant of one of the university’s professor. The strength of decision and the blessing of God will always bring success.
This Sunday, we listened to an incredible message on the topic, “Because I fear God” from Central Church Pastor Bose Adelaja.
- And when Joseph’s brethren saw that their father was dead, they said, Joseph will peradventure hate us, and will certainly requite us all the evil which we did unto him.
- And they sent a messenger unto Joseph, saying, Thy father did command before he died, saying,
- So shall ye say unto Joseph, Forgive, I pray thee now, the trespass of thy brethren, and their sin; for they did unto thee evil: and now, we pray thee, forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of thy father. And Joseph wept when they spake unto him.
- And his brethren also went and fell down before his face; and they said, Behold, we be thy servants.
- And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?
- But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.
- Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them.
When we come to God, He makes a lot of inner work in us, which includes learning how to fear God.
The Fear of God is not a panic fear, but a reverent attitude toward God and a reverence for His Word, including everything that belongs to Him.
To fear God means:
– I do not transgress the commandments of God;
– I do not want to offend God;
– I remember God is everywhere;
– I fear God wherever I live.
As we know God, people will not be a source of pain and disappointment in our lives.
The Bible story of Joseph is very important. Initially, he was a special child: his mother has not been able to get pregnant long time, and moreover, God gave him obvious gift. From an early age, he began to have prophetic dreams, but he was not mature and did not know what to do with these dreams. This is why he shared his dreams with his family.
One day, Joseph told his dream, and even his father began to scold him for these dreams he had. He really did not deserve to be misunderstood; God simply chose him and made him gifted. Actually only Joseph had a right to quarrel, swear, be disappointed, and angry with his family. When his brothers came to him for bread long after they left him to die in the desert, Joseph had already forgiven his family.
If you still have unforgiveness, disputes, and take vengeance on others, you do not know God. You take power into your own hands and do not admit the comprehensive leading of God in our lives.
Each of us will face injustice and it will be a test for us; “If I know God and will I honor Him?” We should remember the example of Joseph. There is nothing more valuable than knowledge and fear of God. Joseph’s brothers sold him into slavery, because they did not want to bow down before him in the future. No matter what the devil is plotting against you – God will turn it into good. Joseph, after all his trials became prime minister of Egypt.
In conclusion pastor Bose said: “God uses all evil in our favor to do something great. God wants to show you through the difficulties that you have not seen before, to lead through the challenges for future stability and success. When we choose not act out in vengeance, God will lift us to heights we never dreamed of. It is all for saving a large number of people. “
God bless you with the wisdom to live in fear the of God and forgiveness.
From the ministry of Central Church
May 18, 2014, Kiev
Press-service of the “Embassy of God” church